WHEN DO I NEED TO ARRANGE A SURVEY WITH THE REMOVAL COMPANY
REMOVAL COMPANY IS ASKING TO CONDUCT A SURVEY. DO I NEED ONE?
A removal survey is usually needed when you have a big property, typically two bedrooms and above. The removal company might recommend visiting your property if there are additional services involved, too. This coulde be packing and unpacking of the boxes, lots of stairt and tricky packing, storage or akward furniture which needs to go through a balcony or a window. Bookamover always advice to have a home survey conducted, as this way the movers will have it measured and calculated properly to avoid extra costs and extra vehicles required.
A removal survey is usually arranged at a convenient time for both parties, where you need to give at least 30-40 minutes of your time for the surveyor to go around your property to ask you all necessary questions needed so he/she can calculate the removal cost properly.
WHAT A REMOVAL SURVEYOR MIGHT ASK YOU
First be prepared you will need to show the company`s representative everything in the property- inside and outside. You will probably be ask politely to open all cupboards, loft spaces and closets, so the surveyor can see what is the amount of stuff inside. The removals surveyor needs to know two things – the amount of items inside and if there are any fragile items to be packed.
You will be asked important questions before, during or after the survey. These are:
– Parking arrangements at the old and new properties
– Time restriction- certain time when the property has to be empty and what time you are likely to get the keys for the new property
– Any items which are not going- staying in the property or going in the tip
– Will you need full or partial packing service
– Amount of insurance and value of your goods
– Taking items from the loft or basement – do you need help or you will do it yourself
– Any height restrictions at the new address
– Any vehicle weight and size restriction at both addresses
– Moving date to be confirmed
– Any dismantling or reassemble of furniture needed, or it will be done by you
WHAT SHOULD I ASK THE REMOVALS SURVEYOR
To make sure you get a quality and transperant service, make sure you ask all necessary questions needed. Here are some tips from Bookamover:
– Is the price calculated after the survey fixed and are there any hidden charges
– What will happen if the calculations of removal cost are incorrect and the removal company might need more people or vehicles
– Is there a time limit of the quotation to be valid
– When you will get the quotation and how you will receive it
– In case of any time delays of getting the keys, will you be charged extra and what will be the cost
EXPECTATIONS AFTER THE SURVEY
Each removal company has a different approach when a survey is completed. Some will calculate the price on site. Others will complete it and send it via email in 24 hours. Before the surveyor leave ask him/her when you will get your removal quotation and how.