MOVING COST: 5 IDEAS YOU CAN DO YOURSELF TO SAVE MONEY
1. Do the packing and unpacking of the boxes yourself
2. Get second hand boxes from the local shops
3. Get rid of unwanted furniture, clothes or toys
4. If moving locally move the small items with your car
If you are moving locally in your area, you can get the local removal company to move the bulky items like furniture, garden plant pots and tools only. This way you might save from your moving cost. Why not moving your bags and boxes with your car and help from family members and friends.
5. Take your beds or wardrobes apart by yourself or ask a friend to help
This task require tools and experience, so we advice using a professional removals help. In case you want to do it yourself, make sure you have the correct tools and manuals before you do it. Measure if the item will fit through the corridors and doors, as sometimes dismantling might not be required. Don`t forget where you will put the screws and all small parts of the furniture, as you will need them at the new place to assemble it back.